Old Fashioned Cream Pie (or Sugar Cream Pie)
4 cups sugar ½ cup plus 2 TBSP cornstarch
2 pints half and half 2 pints whipping cream
2 sticks butter
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in bowl.
- Add enough half and half just to moisten the sugar/cornstarch mixture.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat until sthick, stirring constantly for about 20-30 minutes. Watch carefully!
- Remove from heat.
- Add 4 TBSP vanilla.
- Pour in two unbaked pie shells.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350’ convection for 25-35 minutes until golden (35-42 mins regular).
- Carefully remove from oven and allow them to finish setting up.
- Store in refrigerator.