Sunday, October 10, 2010
Another favorite appetizer—of teens and adults alike—and one that I served at all four of our graduation parties so far!
Layered Mexican Dip
1 large can refried beans 2 ½ cups fried hamburger
2 cups sour cream Taco seasoning mix
Salsa Shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Optional: Onions, tomatoes, and black olives (drained)
Optional: Guacamole (1-2 cups)
1. Mix fried hamburger with 2 TBSP taco seasoning mix and ½ cup
water. (Mix seasoning mix into water, then pour into hamburger.)
2. Micro on high uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until water is evaporated and seasoning is throughout.
3. Mix sour cream with 1 TBSP taco seasoning mix.
4. Spread refried beans onto large round platter.
5. Spread sour cream mixture over beans.
6. Sprinkle seasoned hamburger over sour cream.
7. Sprinkle 1-3 cups shredded lettuce over hamburger.
8. Sprinkle shredded cheese over all.
9. Note: If using onions, tomatoes, and black olives, sprinkle them on top of cheese.
10. Note: If using guacamole, spread it over refried beans, before spreading sour cream.
11. Serve with Salsa in bowl beside it or pour over top of dip, if desired.